FEAR IS NOT FEAR!
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy it's understanding.
- The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom! Disrespect, on the other hand, is a step towards destruction. To fear God is not to be afraid, it is to have respect and zeal.
- Respect begins when we recognize that He is sovereign: omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. God knows all things, even what goes on in our hearts. Therefore, the fear of God must be something genuine.
- The greatest proof of respect we can show God is by obeying His Word. Who truly respects, listens and keeps His Word in their hearts. Whoever does this is wise and reaps all the good that God can offer. Don't be afraid of God, but understand that He is love and righteousness (Psalm 9:8).
Keeping the Word
- Don't have the Word and God as a game of 7 mistakes, but see it as a manual for eternal life!
- Be intimate with the Word of God, read daily and meditate on what you read.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding. When we understand what we see, we respect what we receive.
To Pray: Lord, You are powerful, You are love and justice! Obeying Your Word is my pleasure, it is food and relief for my soul. Only Your Word leads to eternal life. Amen.