REGENERATED BY GOD BY AN INCORRUPTIBLE HERITAGE
1. Peter, apostle of Jesus Christ, to the pilgrims of the Scattering in Ponto, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bitinia.
2. elected according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for the obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied to you.
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who, according to his great mercy, has regenerated us into living hope, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4. for an incorruptible, uncontaminable and unremitting heritage, reserved in heaven for you,
5. that by the power of God you are kept, through faith, for the salvation that is prepared to reveal itself at the last time;
6. in which you rejoice, even if for a little while now, if necessary, be saddened by various trials,
7. so that the proof of your faith, more precious than the gold that perishes, though tested by fire, results in praise, glory and honor in the revelation of Jesus Christ;
8. whom, without having seen him, you love; in which, without greening him now, but believing, you rejoice with ineffable joy and full of glory,
9. reaching the end of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
(1 Peter, 1: 1-9)