Resting in God brings relief to your life!
Come to me, all who are weary and overworked, and I will give you rest.
Are you feeling tired today? The daily pressures in traffic, work, studies, family, church, countless commitments, demands, deadlines, schedules, limits... phew! Does it seem that all this daily "rushing" starts to overload your life, draining your spirits every day? If you have been living like this: "on automatic" for a long time, repeating day after day all the tasks you need to perform, without even taking time to rest fully... It's time to go to Jesus.
Remember that tiredness robs you of your disposition and the possibility to enjoy the good of this life. It is not God's will that we live under such a heavy burden. It was not in vain that God Himself instituted the day of rest, setting the example Himself after creation. Make an appointment with Jesus Christ today. He has the rest and relief your heart and mind need.
Rest in God and receive relief:
- Go to Christ in prayer and share your burden with Him. Ask Him to renew your strength this day.
- Recognize that God is in control of your life. Don't worry about being alone, He always helps you! - Use the routine to your advantage
- while working or going to work, lift your mind and heart to God. Hear praises (sing if possible), pray inwardly, take breaks to read and meditate on the word of God.
- Set aside one day of the week to spend time alone with God. State all the difficulties you faced during the week. Give thanks for all the blessings of the week. Be still in His peace and rest in His presence.
- Enjoy the life the Lord has given you and be grateful for all that God does.
Lord God, I have been tired of the many activities, problems and commitments I have had. I come to You humbly to ask You to give me Your rest and peace. Only in You can I have relief from all the burden and affliction that I have lived. Help me to include You in my daily life and live happily, being grateful for your help and company. Thank you for making my burden light this day, in Jesus' name. Amen!