To be known in heaven...
My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
Many have the dream of meeting famous people. Media stars, artists, singers, football players, leaders, etc., top the lists of many fans around the world. But, much more notorious than meeting a celebrity is being known personally by someone very important. Knowing that we are known by someone of high prestige gives us some relevance and satisfaction.
What then, of the fact that we are known by the God of all earth and heaven?
Wonderful! Discovering that we are known by the Lord Jesus Christ, the supreme and sovereign God, King of kings who governs the entire universe and sustains all creation, brings us confidence and security in Him... What a great joy to know and be known by our God! May this gracious knowledge motivate us to hear His voice and follow Him always...
Live like a good known child of God...
- Pray and thank God for knowing that He knows you and takes care of you.
- Be genuine in your relationship with God. He knows when we are righteous or hypocritical. If you know you haven't been sincere, truly repent and confess to Jesus.
- Try to please God more than men with your attitudes and words. May everything you do be for the glory of the Lord.
- Rest in the Lord and trust Him. Remember: He knows you and wants to have a personal relationship with you.
- Seek to hear God through His Word, dedicate yourself to knowing more about the One who knows you completely.
- Share with others about your faith in God who saved us, knows us and loves us.
to pray: Lord God, thank you because even though I am so big, you know me and take care of me with love. Thank You for making me Your son, sheep of Your flock. Help me to live to please the Lord, listening to your voice and always following you. May other people who don't know also be reached by the Lord. In Jesus name, amen!