WHO LOVES GOD NEVER FORGETS!
Bless the Lord my soul! Don't forget any of your blessings!
Forgetfulness is part of our lives. And if, on the one hand, it is good to forget past offenses and problems, on the other hand, there are many negative aspects to forgetting. It's quite natural to have memory lapses from time to time, forgetting the keys, a password, where we put the cell phone, a food in the oven, or a bill to pay... It's annoying, but who hasn't experienced this? But, in addition to these healthy and "normal" forgetting (because we have a selective memory that stores important things and discards secondary things), there is another type that is much more serious: the forgetting of very important things. Unfortunately, due to illness, inattention, stress and distractions, the consequences of this type of forgetfulness are much more serious, and can even be fatal in some cases (forgetting children in the car, commitments made, etc.). In either case, it is necessary to exercise the mind, stimulating the memory so as not to erase important things.
In today's verse, the psalmist exhorts the soul itself to bless and not forget the Lord and his blessings. It's an exercise that we should all do: encourage the mind and heart not to forget God!
Don't forget God or his infinite blessings
- Stimulate your mind to think about God during the day. Have an attitude of gratitude for all the blessings received. Consider them important.
- Create visual landmarks. Samuel erected a stone and named it Ebenezer, to remind them that God had helped the people thus far (1 Sam. 7:12). Register, mark, encourage your mind to remember!
- Pray and give thanks for all the good that God has done for you.
- Write a journal or schedule prayer requests and answers. Over time you will be able to revisit those memories and see how much God has cared for you.
- Count the blessings! Make a list of God's blessings in your life, put it in visible places (mirror, fridge door, desk) and share it with the people around you.
To Pray: Lord my God and Father, thank you so much for all the blessings bestowed! May we always remember and recognize your goodness and mercy every day. In the smallest details, from the air I breathe, to the grace of Salvation in Jesus, I know that the Lord has taken care of me, always! Help me not to forget any of your blessings, I praise and glorify you for all of them, in Jesus name! Amen!