en-THE JOY OF THE LORD IS OUR STRENGTH !!!!
1. Then all the people came together as one man, in the square before the water gate; and they told Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the Lord had commanded Israel.
2. And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation, both of men and women, and of all who could hear with understanding, on the first day of the seventh month.
3. And he read on it in front of the square that borders the water gate, from dawn until noon, in the presence of men and women, and of those who could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive to the book of the law.
4. Ezra, the scribe, stood on a wooden platform, which they did for this purpose and were standing beside him, on his right, Matthias, Sema, Ananías, Urias, Hilquias and Maaséia; and to his left, Pedaías, Misael, Malquias, Hasum, Hasbadana, Zacarias and Mesulão.
5. And Ezra opened the book to the sight of all the people (for it was above all the people); and when he opened it, all the people stood up.
6. Then Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God; and all the people, raising their hands, answered: Amen! amen! And they bowed down and worshiped the Lord, their faces on the ground.
7. Also Jesuá, Bani, Serebias, Jamim, Acube; Sabetai, Hodias, Maaséia, Chelita, Azarias, Jozabad, Hanã, Pelaías and the Levites explained the law to the people; and the people were standing in their place.
8. So they read in the book, in the law of God, distinctly; and gave the meaning, so that reading was understood.
9. And Nehemiah, who was the governor, and Ezra, the priest and scribe, and the Levites who taught the people, said to all the people, This day is dedicated to the Lord your God; do not mourn or weep. For all the people wept, hearing the words of the law.
10. He said to them more: Go, eat the fats, and drink the sweetness, and send portions to those who have nothing prepared for you; because this day is dedicated to our Lord. Therefore, do not be sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
(Nehemiah, 8: 1-10)