EVEN WITH TEARS, PLANT THE SEED!
Those who sow with tears, with songs of joy they will reap. The one who comes out crying while sowing the seed, will return with songs of joy, bringing their bundles.
Psalm 126: 5-6 The
"law of sowing" or the rule of planting is a concept widely discussed throughout the Bible. Jesus taught several parables about sowing, types of soil and seeds (such as mustard seed, for example). Paul also said (in Galatians 6: 7) that "whatever a man sows he will also reap". By these and other references, we understand that naturally, in all areas of life, we reap what we plant.
Today's psalm tells us about a different aspect of planting. In fact, it is the only place in the Bible where a different type of harvest is mentioned than the one that was planted. The law of sowing here is enveloped by the Lord's grace and mercy that sustains all things! God grants to those who plant with tears (humility, trust and contrition), to harvest their bundles full of joy (happiness, contentment and satisfaction)! Trust your seed to Jesus who can transform a small seed and many bundles. It can also change your weeping at party!
Even with tears and difficulties, sow your seed:
- Planting is about trust. Give your plans to the Lord and trust that He will do everything.
- Pray to God constantly, ask Him to support and direct you in all the purposes of your life.
- God gives birth and gives growth, but you need to plant! Strive and be of good cheer!
- After sowing with faith, pray and wait patiently on the Lord.
- Ask God for guidance to always produce good fruits, through the action of His Spirit in your life.
- The Word of God is the Good seed. Share the Gospel with others around you.
Lord, help me to plant seeds with faith and hope in You. May I trust because the Lord sustains all things, so also sustains my life, my family and all my dreams. Even when I cry, tired or dejected by the wear and tear of life or the effort of work, may I continue to plant good seeds. May these seeds produce good fruits that remain, for the blessing of many and for His glory, in the name of Jesus! Amen.