GOD USES HIS PEOPLE !!!
1. While they were speaking to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple and the Sadducees,
2. being very sorry that they taught the people, and announced in Jesus the resurrection from the dead,
3. they laid hands on them, and locked them up in prison until the next day; it was already late.
4. Many, however, of those who heard the word, believed, and the number of men increased to almost five thousand.
5. The next day, the authorities, the elders, the scribes,
6. and Annas, the high priest, and Caiaphas, John, Alexander, and all who were of the high priest's lineage.
7. And placing them among them, they asked, With what power or in whose name did you do this?
8. Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: Authorities of the people and you, elders,
9. if we are asked today about the benefit done to a sick person, and how he was healed,
10. let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ, the Nazarene, the one whom you crucified and whom God raised from the dead, in this name is this one, they are before you .
11. He is the stone that has been rejected by you, the builders, which has been placed as a cornerstone.
12. And in no other is there salvation; for there is no other name under heaven given among men, in which we must be saved.
13. Then they, seeing the intrepidity of Peter and John, and having realized that they were illiterate and unlearned men, marveled; and recognized that they had been with Jesus.
14. And seeing the man who was healed standing with them, they had nothing to say to the contrary.
15. However, sending them out of the Sanhedrin, they conferred among themselves,
16. saying, What shall we do to these men? for it is evident to all who dwell in Jerusalem that a notorious sign has been made for them, and we cannot deny it.
17. But, so that it does not spread among the people, let us threaten them so that from now on they do not speak in this name to any man.
18. And calling upon them, they were commanded that they absolutely did not speak or teach in the name of Jesus.
19. But Peter and John answered and said to them, Judge yourselves whether it is right before God to hear from you rather than from God;
20. for we cannot help talking about the things we have seen and heard.
(Acts, 4: 1-20)