1. My son, if you accept my words and treasure up my commandments with you,
2. to make your ear aware of wisdom, and to incline your heart to understanding;
3. yes, if you cry out for discernment, and for understanding raise your voice;
4. if you seek it as silver and seek it as hidden treasures;
5. then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and you will find the knowledge of God.
6. Because the Lord gives wisdom; out of his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
7. he reserves true wisdom for the upright; and shield for those who walk in integrity,
(Proverbs, 2: 1-7)