THE IMPORTANCE OF PRAYER!
First of all, I recommend that supplications, prayers, intercessions and thanksgiving be made for all men; 1
Timothy 2: 1
Prayer is essential in the life of every Christian. Without it we have no contact and fellowship with our God and Father. Through prayer we share our life, thoughts and feelings with the Lord. In today's verse we see Timothy's recommendation that Christians practice prayer in different ways in their daily lives.
In general, prayer can be of five types:
- Supplications: To ask, to cry out, to implore God
- Intercession: pray for others
- Thanksgiving (prayer of gratitude): recognition of God's goodness and favor
- Confession: Admitting our sin and guilt before God
- Worship: Glorifying God for who He is and what He has done In the Bible we have countless examples of people who had a life dedicated to prayer: Ana who prayed for a son; Daniel who, even under the penalty of death, did not give up talking to God; David, who was always active in prayer and praise to the Lord, the apostle Paul, who even prayed imprisoned and flogged and interceded for his brothers, and the Lord Jesus himself, who withdrew constantly to pray to the Father.
Make a commitment to always pray:
1 For yourself - Confess, worship, plead and thank God, daily.
2 Intercede for others - Ask God for the needs of those around you: pray for your family, friends and brothers in Christ. Include in this prayer supplications by missionaries, leaders, rulers, unbelieving people, the sick in hospitals and everyone who needs the grace and help of GOD.
3 Be diligent - Set aside time in the day, morning, afternoon or evening and take a few minutes to talk to God. Spend quality time alone in the presence of God. If you can bend your knees, sing, read a portion of the Word, praise, pray and thank your Father.
Lord teach us to pray always, continue to encourage us in the midst of struggles and afflictions, may your church understand that prayer and the path of victory, which also through prayer creates intimate rationing with God, consecrates your life, gives you authority from the heavens, look at what he says in his word, "the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to his cry." (Sm 34.15). he hears us. prayer opens doors where there are no doors. believe it in the name of Jesus. Amen .